Friday, May 14, 2010
Poster Art Competition
The Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a poster competition for the 2010 'Music in the Park'... our summer long outdoor concert series. Hammondsport’s Music in the Park hosts an eclectic collection from as many genres as can be fit into the series. The event is held weekly on Thursday nights on the bandstand in the village square. Concert-goers gather on the lawn, benches or bring their own chairs for the event.
Contest entrants will vie for awards and cash prizes. First place will receive $500 with two runners-up receiving $100 each. The winning poster will be auctioned off on the final evening of the event with proceeds earmarked for funding of the following year’s “Music in the Park”. All other entries will be returned to the artists.
• Size of the finished poster will be 18 X 24 (your piece must be scalable to those dimensions)
• Orientation of the art must be portrait, (verses landscape)
• Entries must be your own original artwork. Copyrighted characters (such as Superman) or copyrighted clip art will not be accepted.
• Artists may use a variety of media, such as watercolor, pen and ink, crayon, chalk, markers, etc. Brighter colors, however, reproduce better for the poster, light pencil marks may not show up. Keep in mind that your poster will be on public display, and should be easy to see or read.
• Your work should reflect the theme of the event – Music in the Park - but you don’t have to include these or any other words in your work. Feel free to interpret the theme as you wish.
• The winning entry will eventually be printed with the Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce logo and the words ‘Hammondsport Music in the Park, 2010’ - at the bottom. You don’t have to include the logo but you may wish to take it into account when creating your poster.
• Digital entries will not be considered.
DEADLINE: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE HAMMONDSPORT VISITOR’S CENTER BY 4PM ON JUNE 1st, 2010.
Judging will take place on June 5th, 2010. All entries will be on display in the Visitor’s Center through June 30th. The panel of judges will include a member of the Palettes of Keuka committee, a member or designee of the Chamber board of Directors, and a Music in the Park event coordinator. All winners and participants will be recognized publicly at the first night of “Music in the Park” on July 1st. Prizes will be distributed at that time. Names will be posted on the Chamber web site.
Artists can pick up their artwork on or after July 1st, 2010. Entries left in the Visitor’s Center after August 31st will become the property of the Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce.
Each entry must be accompanied a attached release form. Any entry not accompanied by a completed release form will not be eligible for further judging. The competition winners will hand over to the Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce all copyright and intellectual property rights relating to their entry. This means that the Chamber may publish reproductions of the entry wherever and however it wishes.
The Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce cannot be responsible for protection of the entries during the display competition or afterward, (although the visitor’s center remains locked unless a representative is in the space).
The committee reserves the right to recognize additional participants whose entries were not appreciably different from the third-place score.
Please note that any member or immediate family member of the board of directors Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce or the Palettes of Keuka Committee will not be considered eligible for final awards.
This poster art competition is made possible by the proceeds of the "Palettes of Keuka" which is a summer long art tour & auction in the greater Hammondsport / Keuka Lake area
Entry forms and a full description are available at the Visitor Center in Hammondsport or call
569-2989 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Bob Magee at 4:43 AM