Sunday, March 14, 2010

Keuka College Lightner Gallery Exhibit


Fragments of Time, an exhibit of portraits by Instructor of Art Melissa Newcomb, will be on display in the Keuka College Lightner Gallery through March 31.

"I've always been interested in portraits through various media," said Newcomb. "To me, a portrait is not just a preservation of likeness but an individual with a life and story. I've always been a people person and liked hearing people's stories. Through various works of art, I have captured the portrait through fragments of time brought to life through my story."


Part of the exhibit features a variety of colorful paintings of dolls, which viewers can relate through the expression and emotion of play and dress, according to Newcomb.
The exhibit also features photographs captivating the beauty of dolls with a printed book titled Captivate.